Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sisters


If we ever have a boy, we know what his name will be. 
Not the case with any of our girls, whose names where not decided until 2-3 days after they were born,
and only because we were being threatened by the nurses at the hospital. 

He will be set in the toy division.
Mike has been collecting boy toys since Raquel.
Toys he would have loved to own as a kid. 
Toys that compel other boys in the neighborhood to ask if they can play with Raquel
(because of the toys that are part of the package). 

He will have his very own personal instructor,
that can teach him break dancing, gymnastics, and martial arts.

He will have virtually the entire collection of NES games.

And if he gets any of his father's looks,
he will be set in the female department.

This kid will have it made.

Yet if we never have a boy...

One thing is for sure,

I am so glad my girls have each other.

There is something incomparable about having/being a sister.
I can't really describe it other than there is a unique bond that dissolves inhibitions
and despite how different you may be, allows you to be yourself and feel completely at ease.


I am fortunate to have a sister. An awesome sister, too.

Today is her birthday.

Happy Birthday Rebe!


5 comments:

Enrique and Lindsay said...

I love reading your blog! I always follow it but rarely (if ever) comment. There's something so poetic about all your posts. I feel like you could be a writer, which is saying a lot because English isn't even your first language. Keep up the good work :)

Rebeca said...

Muchas tanks Guerita! It made all teary! --Rebeca feels the love and is oh so thankful to have a sister like you, Deveritas, deveritas! Tanks again manita!

Ellie said...

Awwwww...that's so cute. I never had that relationship since I don't have sisters and I was always envious of it. It's one relationship I hope Claire has. Your girls are so so cute together.

Giulia said...

You ARE a writer! I love the post...are you announcing something? :) I HOPE SO!!!
I hope Mike gets his boy!
The girls are blessed to have each other...something that Marilyn and I will never truly know but something that I have had a glimpse of as I got to know you...it would have been SO GREAT to have been your sister growing up.
Sweet post and happy birthday Rebeca!!!

Lindsay Ruiz said...

Hey, don't give up hope yet. 4th time is the charm, right! Too bad the naming game doesn't come as easily for us. But tell Mike, I've got one that will come over and play with all of his boy toys. I'm happy to share, just move back, for pete's sake! We're dying to have some little girls to play with. Anyways, I'm glad I've got you two as sister in laws. That counts right! Your awesome. we miss you.