It is hard to believe that I have a 6 year old. Given that most of my patients think I am shy of 14, I've been lulled into a false sense of aging. I don't feel like I'm getting older, but all you have to do is take a look at your kids to remind you otherwise. Since we are only a half hour away from Disneyland, this year for Raquel's Birthday we gave her the option of going to Disneyland, or having cake and presents. (Not that we weren't planning on giving her cake and presents, but this way, if we do... she feels like it is an added bonus and if we don't...there are no expectations. There you have a little bit of our warped sense of parenting.)

It only took her a split second before she chose option #1. We went on the Thursday of the week of her birthday and had a great time. The park was virtually empty and were able to get on every ride with little or no waiting.

The only thing we did not do...was wait in line to meet the princesses. One look at the length of the line was enough to know we were going to be waiting half of the day...so we opted out. Luckily we ran in to Jasmine and Aladdin, and meeting just one of the princesses was just as good. The girls were in such awe.
Tarzan's House
Good old Dumbo
By the end of the day, Elena can best describe just how beat we all were. She feel asleep while we were waiting for the tram.

In all, it was a great day and Raquel had a great time. We feel so blessed to have her in our family. She has an awesome personality. She is a very cheerful, obedient, friendly, helpful, and caring person. I am amazed by how much I learn from her. And by how much fun she is. I always knew I would love my kids but I am surprised by just how much I actually enjoy them as people.
Well, come Sunday, she was completely surprised when the missionaries were over for dinner and we pulled out the birthday cake.

Happy Birthday Miss Raquel!!!


5 comments:
I love Disneyland! How fun. Your daughters are adorable!
Yay! I can't believe you are doing this! I am shocked, appalled, excited, and confused all at the same time! You better keep up on it too, or I will have to get after you! It will be nice to feel like we aren't missing out on so much!
Love ya! (Shell)
Oh...I MISS YOU ALL! I love the pics...but there is one that really cracks me up: the one with Elena asleep on Mike's head!!! LOL!
Hannah misses Raquel, she is working hard at making new friends but I have the feeling that Raquel is and will be unreplaceable.
Love you guys!
Awwwwww.....so cute! I can't believe she's 6! I remember when you guys got married so vividly... Crazy. Disney land is the best. What great parents. :)
So great to see pictures of your family. Your girls are beautiful. Happy Birthday Raquel!
Post a Comment