Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things I Missed...


I only work Friday and Saturday. And although it provides me with some sanity, I hate the fact that while I’m gone I miss out on some of my kids’ idiosyncrasies.

Here are a few of the things I missed out on this weekend while at work…


Elena cleaning up the living room…all by HERSELF.


I was very impressed!

Now we just need to work on the concept that cleaning up does not mean object transference...



...to another room.



Baby napping...

Sorry...Mike didn't realize the camera was in video mode...so I can't turn the image right side up.


Baby jamming...



And my favorite...
Raquel was playing outside with some of the kids in our complex. She came running in almost on the verge of tears and very distressed...
"Dad, there is a boy out there who says I'm his girlfriend!" Tears beginning to well up in her eyes.
"That's alright...just act like you don't care."
"I know, but he is also telling the OTHER kids I'm his girlfriend!"
"Ok, then tell him he is too ugly to be your boyfriend...that any boyfriend of yours needs to have looks...along with muscles...not to mention, money...and a nice car."
She looked at him confused, furrowed her eyebrows, and went back outside.
When I came home that night and heard the story, I jokingly asked, "So, what's wrong with that? How come you didn't want him saying that?"
"BECAUSE! I don't like him." Then, in a superior-than-him sort of way she added, "AND...HE is only FIVE!!"

6 comments:

Ellie said...

Hahahahaha! I LOVE your girls! So funny! And baby in the fridge jamming out...awesome!! You're so good at the whole blog thing! :)

Erin said...

SO cute! Ammon thinks Raquel is his girlfriend too (but he's only 4). Too funny. Just don't tell her. I'm so sorry about last Wednesday. Mikes family was here and I had to go see a specialist. We were gone all day. It was a crazy week. Hope we can get together soon!!!

Juliette said...

So funny!!! Your post really made me laugh!

Lindsay Ruiz said...

LOVE IT! I LOVE wataching Gracie gettin her grove on in the fridge to Shakira. At least Mike plays good music for them while you are away. I'm thinking I should video more. Keep on posting, we love looking at it at our house.

Giulia said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I love this post...I actually agree with Marilyn, you are really good as a blogger, your blog is very entertaining.
What can I say about Raquel and her experience...ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!! She is soo cool!
Go Elena...keep up the cleaning skills :) and I have the impression cute little Lorena Grace will be the leader of those three in a few years...she will be the fun one that the other 2 are going to go to when in trouble :) I love them all! thanks for sharing!!!

Sparklebot said...

When I clean up, I just move things into another room too. There is a better way?