Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve

Because our apartment is tiny and we weren’t going to be spending Christmas in California we did not take any of our Christmas stuff with us. Due to the lack of decorations we had felt somewhat disconnected from Christmas this year.  However, I didn’t want to let this year go by without giving the girls some of the magic that comes with this holiday. I don’t think I have many more years left before Raquel stops believing. I can already see her starting to lose a little bit of that sense of wonder and awe.  I almost didn’t make it, but tonight on Christmas Eve, we set up a tree in the living room. And placed 3 stockings on the bench.











I quickly realized that waiting till the last minute was not completely a bad idea.


When I told Raquel she needed to hurry and get ready for bed, she panicked because she had not told Santa what she wanted (we didn’t take her to the mall this year to see him) and he wasn’t going to bring her anything. I suggested she write him a letter.









She put her letter next to her stocking, set up the milk and cookies, and dashed for bed.

In retrospect, I may have a few more years left than previously thought.

2 comments:

Rebeca said...

I love the picture of the tree! It makes a difference with a camera you can twick ;-) Good Buy. You were always so good at making sure we had a tree en la familia! Thanks for always keeping that up ;D

Sandy Cove said...

Bummed that we missed you guys. Hopefully next year we can get together. Tell Mike GOOD LUCK with another semester...almost to the fun part :)