Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last Week...


It rained a ton!  This however, didn't stop the girls from going outside.



I gave Elena bangs.  I never cut bangs on Raquel when she was little.  I figured that at some point she was going to have to go through the "hair in you face" stage--that the baby is demonstrating so well in this picture--and I'd rather have her go through it when she was little and didn't care. 
But with Elena, I think bangs help frame her face rather well.  I might even go as far as saying that they give her some girlyness.



Mike told Raquel he'd give her 25 cents each time she washed the dishes.  She did them several times last week.  On Saturday when we were at Wal-Mart, she asked if we could stop by the toy section.  When we got there she started asking me how many quarters she needed to buy different toys.  I realized then, that she had brought the money she'd earned over the week...a little over a dollar.  After explaining that she was going to have to wash a ton more dishes before she earned enough money to buy any of those toys, she settled for a candy bar.  She was super excited to pay for it all on her own. Unfortunately, I think I may have destroyed any future efforts in washing dishes for the purpose of earning money to get a toy.

Speaking of dishes.  This is a common sight at our house.  I'm sure, if they could, these other two would pay me to let them wash the dishes.


got some insight into why the baby's shirts are uncomprehensively soaked after eating...

Unlike me, she doesn't seem to have a problem with this.


Raquel learned about insects in her science class.  The girls made ants.

Here is Raquel's

and here is Elena's
Well, she got the 3 body parts, 6 legs, and 2 eyes part right.


7 comments:

The Letterman's said...

cute cute. Abby has that same desire to earn money for those first few days and then she always fizzles.

Lindsay Ruiz said...

O.k. I love the bangs! She looks really pretty in that picture and it does add girliness and style to her sweet face. I wish my kids would do dishes, because it is really starting to pile up. I never see the bottom of my sink.

Rebeca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebeca said...

Love it! Love it! Julieta loves sitting on our dishwasher too... just gets all the dishes and scatters them all over the place, we can't find toys better than the dishes... love the pics and posts... you are under pressure.

Lila said...

Hi Miller family.
cute post, perfect family. I'm glad I found your blog and plan to start keeping up with you, if you don't mind. Mike was practically both mine and my husbands (also a 'Mike') missionary companions in seattle (i know, i'm a girl but Mike will explain i'm sure). he gave me lots of sanity. he was BY FAR my favorite missionary friend (including my husband, who i barely knew) out there. He even changed his flight home to go through los angeles with me. I just love him! i am so glad to see what a beautiful family he's been given. Congratulations. xoxo
Lila (wutkee) Stuteville

Giulia said...

So, you are truly the best blogger ever! I love Elena's hair cut, the science project' results and the baby "washing" her shirt!!! I hear you there...also, Hannah just started last month to earn money...(after a tithing lesson) I will have to tell you when you get here all the stuff she has been doing around the house! If a social worker came here I wouldprobably be in trouble :) LOL. She was so happy to write and hand to the Bishop her first tithing!!! Can't wait to see you!!!

Grace said...

Janae-
I just realized you have a blog of your own...can I be invited? Pleeaase ;) My email is miller.graciela@gmail.com.

Lila-
I'm glad you found us! You are more than welcome to follow along.