Scrubbing and gowning up for surgery. Yes. I paid big money so that I could learn how to do this in PA school. And now Mike is doing the same--paying big money .... and learning the proper way to wash his hands and put on gloves and a gown in order to achieve "sterility". So that one day as a new student on that first surgery rotation he can botch it. Because it will happen. He will "break" the sterile field. And a gasp will be heard in the OR room from the nurses and scrub techs. They live for these moments--when they can make the newbie feel like an idiot. And he will have to step back and re-establish "sterility". Ahhhh the joys of being a PA student.
I wish I had gotten pictures of me all gowned and scrubbed up when I went through PA school. But alas, since I didn't, I'm reliving those days through Mike.


3 comments:
They all look so... sterile! Haha. I am LOVING the new ticker you have for graduation. I may have to get me one!!!
when i read your posts, you always make me smile, no matter how simple, you do a great job at capturing the moment. ;D
I love this post!!! Mike is going to rock the PA world!!!
Post a Comment