Sunday, July 25, 2010

Singing in the Rain


I apologize for the lack of updates/posts.  3 weeks ago at work I was asked if for the next 6-8 weeks I would be interested in working 2 additional days.  We've had a doctor on maternity leave and patients are waiting a long time to be seen.  Seeing that Mike only had 2 weeks left of school (and then has all of August off) and with the girls being off school, working a few more days wouldn't create too much havoc plus the added income would be helpful.  My sweet mom-in-law has been here for the past two weeks helping us with the girls until Mike is done and I've been working 4 and 1/2 days a week.  I know...for you full time working people this is normal, but I've been spoiled in only working 2 days a week.

Summer is flying by.  The girls are enjoying the backyard and Mike's most recent find--a trampoline.  Last week we had some blazing H.O.T. days and we lived next to the fan.  On one of these scorching afternoons out of no where it started raining.  This was much welcomed and within minutes we had a "pool" in our backyard.  The girls were all about it.  Especially Grace.


Did you ever do this as a kid?  There is something so fun and inexplicable about splashing around in puddles.  It makes you want to sing.

I'm singin' in the rain...what a glorious feeling... I'm happy again...just singin' and dancin' in the rain.


3 comments:

Giulia said...

Look at those girls!!! That looked SO much fun! The girl in me would have probably joined them while my husband would be yelling: "Crazy woman, get back here...".
Great memory right there...


Thank you Guera for your words...I'm so glad you are in our lives.

Rebeca said...

Que divertido!!! Lorena is soo BIG! Adorable!

Have I ever told you i LOVE your posts!

Shelley said...

How fun! I would've been right there with them! Just don't show your dad, he may have a heart attack on the spot! :-)