Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day


There is a wonder and excitement that we lose somewhere
on the road of childhood to adulthood.


It's too bad, really.  
One of my favorite things about having kids is being able to get a glimpse
of that energy and relive those moments through their eyes.


There was a little fair down the street from our house this past weekend.
We told the girls on Labor Day that we would go once it got dark.


We learned that Raquel is afraid of heights.


And did you notice Mike's super short cut?


He's come to terms with the fact that his lush, thick, mass of follicular glory, of days past,
is not coming back, and is slowly stepping into the sexy bald-man category.  I like it.


The whole night was particularly magical for Gracie.

Here she is waiting in anticipation for her first ride to start.


I wasn't allowed to get on any of the rides. 
I guess there is no hiding my current state of pregnancy.
And this fair was unusually restrictive.


Not even the Carousel could I ride.


Regardless, the girls had a wonderful time.  And I got a brief peek into the joyfulness of childhood.

4 comments:

Giulia said...

Great memoies and beautiful, true words that touched me. You are right, you just descibed one of the many blessings of parenthood.

What's up with you not been able to even go on the carousel ride??? LOL!

PS. Daniel's hair is going in the same direction Mike's has been going :) It's awesome :)

The Letterman's said...

daddy's and their girls, love it!! thanks for the good reminder of living out each moment before we know it these kiddies of ours with be out of our homes.

Rebeca said...

Beautiful words, beautifly put. As always love you angle on life... so nice you can say it. Miss you'all so much!

Aunt Peg said...

Watching little kids faces when they experience new, exciting things is WONDERFUL, I love it too. You have a beautiful family, I love to hear about all your adventures. Take care!