Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Staying Away From...

I was pleasantly surprised Valentine's Day morning with this:


Mike and the girls got up early and put this together for me.

It was delicious!

It appears that this awesome breakfast is also a perfect combo to trigger a gallbladder attack.

After 2 days of pain, nausea, and vomiting I woke up yesterday morning symptom free.  Thanks to my stone-filled gallbladder it looks like I might have to have it removed to avoid anymore unexpected attacks.  For now we are evading any similar episodes by staying away from 90% of my favorite foods.


7 comments:

Lindsay Ruiz said...

Holy Cow! I know you've been complaining of those pains for a while. Does food really trigger it? I guess I don't know that much about my good ole' gallbladder. I hope you feel better soon! If it's anything like kidney stones, them my heart really goes out to you. We'll see ya real soon, ya hear.

Unknown said...

That stinks. Des just had hers taken out a few months ago. She said it was horrible (well until it was taken out)

Giulia said...

Poor thing...that food does look delicious though! My heart goes out to you, my friend! We'll talk soon.
hasta luego! y cuidate!

Erin said...

Poor girl. If it feels anything like kidney stones, I know how you feel and it's NOT fun. So what can you eat that won't trigger it?

Ellie said...

Oh...my...goodness! First, that breakfast looked awesome! Good job Mikey! Second...I'm so sorry!!!! That's just awful! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Juliette said...

Whoa! Not fun! Hope you're feeling better.

Des said...

Hey, like Beth said, I just had mine taken out awhile ago. In fact, I blogged about it - you should go see. I feel soooooooo much better! I forgot life could feel so good. So, I hope you don't have many more episodes, and I recommend getting it out.