Friday, July 22, 2011

July Happenings

This month is flying by and Summer will be over in no time.
We only have a few weeks left before school gets going again.

This month has been spent looking for a place closer to the hospital. 
We finally found a nice house that will work and we'll be moving the first week in August. 
I'm not looking forward to moving, but it'll be worth Mike's mile-long commute.

Early in the month we celebrated the 4th of July at our ward's breakfast and primary water activity.


The girls had a great time.

I put this picture of Raquel chasing a boy because yesterday she asked me if it was ok for a 7 year old to have a crush on a boy.  I told her that Heavenly Father made it so that we liked boys so that we'd want to marry them someday.  It was ok to have a crush.  She just couldn't hold their hand, kiss them, or date them until she is way way way way older. 

After I got done explaining this I asked,
So who do you have a crush on?  

She made me promise not to tell so I won't tell you,
but after she told me who it was I responded,
Isn't that the boy that talks funny?

Last night when I told Mike the story he replied,
That kid? He's a goob.

Poor Raquel, she's going to have problems when she gets older.


We planted a couple of tomato plants a few months back
and we've been enjoying ripe tomatoes almost daily this month.
The girls have really enjoyed the whole process.

We had Mike's brother Daniel and his new fiancee Caroline visit last week.
She is from Brazil.  The girls loved having them here. 
We are very happy and excited for them.

As for me, this month has been a lot better.  I had been somewhat absent from homemaking duties the last couple of months, but the nausea is finally gone and I have a lot more energy.
My family is getting more home-cooked meals and the girls are getting more of my regular mothering.


Which they may or may not be grateful for.


4 comments:

Giulia said...

Love the post...as always. Thanks for the update. I am glad you are feeling better, you look adorable just like they say I look (but obviously I don't see it...until I see other pregnant ladies like you). :)
I laughed reading about Raquel's crush...and Mike's response. LOL
You are going to have a brazilian sister in law, what about that?
I love that! She is beautiful and seems so sweet. Hope the big day comes soon for them!

Distance is NOT FUN!
Where is she from in Brazil?

hugs!!

Juliette said...

Thanks for the update! Good luck with the next move. Not fun when you're pregnant, but it'll be nice to have such a short commute!

Rebeca said...

Love the pasita, and the "get in the la casa, ahora!" authority. Congratulations to Daniel. It turns you not be the only dark haired daughter in-law no more. Love your responses to Raquels, so gentel and yet direct... you will always have great communication with your kids... you are a great mama!

Ellie said...

Wait what? Danny's engaged? When did that happen? She's so pretty!