Well, for the most part, it's done. We did it. Our 8th move. And I don't want to do it again for a while.
I was happy with the house before moving in, but in the 2+ weeks here I'm really really loving it.
The kitchen has a breakfast bar, so prior to moving in I went on the hunt for bar stools. I came across a counter-high dinner set on craigslist. Super sturdy, solid wood, with 8 counter-high chairs, and only $175 for the whole thing! We had a really small table at our other home due to lack of space, so I figured I'd put 3 of the chairs at the counter in the kitchen and use the rest of the set for our dinning area. I emailed the guy with little hope of getting it. I was thrilled when he got back to me the next day and was on the road in lighting speed to get it before it got snatched.
I love it! Even Mike-the-king-of-good-deals was impressed with my find.
The girls are enjoying the backyard. We have a lot more trees, which means a lot more shade.
We've had this swing set for a while, but since it's not under direct heat anymore, it's gotten a lot more use.
I love the covered patio. As do the girls.
We feel blessed to have found a home that will work so well for us.
We had our first visitors last weekend. Mike's sister, Raquel, and her husband
spent a couple of days with us. We went to New Port Beach on one of the days.
It's a good thing people come visit us, because we don't make it out there enough on our own.
Craig got little Raquel to boogie board.
And a boogie board is now on her wish-list.
Speaking of wish-lists. I went to my OB appointment this week and he did another ultrasound.
There was a certain appendage that was not visible on the first ultrasound.
So obvious that I don't know how it was previously missed.
That's right. There is a little man coming into the picture.
Lucky kid he'll be indeed. We are very excited,
but when we first found out there were definitely mixed emotions.
We had mentally prepared ourselves for 4 girls.
4 girls would have been less complicated in so many ways.
And if we never had a boy, I was really Ok with it.
Though I would have always wondered what it might have been like
to have a little guy in the mix. I now get to find out.


10 comments:
WHAT?????????????
It is super late here and I am going to bed but as I follow your blog I noticed you posted something.( ..finally btw :) )
WE ARE HAVING A BOY together sista'! That is AWESOME!
OH MY GOSH..I am going to cry for how excited I am!
thanks heaven you had that ultrasound! Can you imagine the shock at delivery??? LOL!
Of course we were all excited for a fourth girl...but now you don't have to wonder if you will ever have a boy!
I am so happy!
I LOVE your new home...I am gld the move is over. Bless your heart. You guys are heros!
The pictures of the beach are great, it made me miss it.
The girls are so cute and happy all together.
Hannah still talks about Raquel.
We have started with k-12 (first year it is available free in Indiana)...it is a lot of work...it is a great prgram though.
I miss you Guera!
thanks for posting this, I feel we are closer now.
I have really missed our friendship.
good night!
Love your new place! Looks really nice. And congrats on the boy!
What?!?! Wow! Good thing you found out now ;D Now you can prep... Love the house, covered patios are the best! Awsome table! Contradados! Lots of hugs for all!
What a fun surprize. We are feeling the same way-ready for 4 girls, easier in so many ways to keep it all the same but thinking it would be fun to have a little boy at the end. We will find out in 2 weeks maybe it's a trend?!
Wow! Congratulations! Boys are SO much fun!!
Christina P.
Yeah...that happens a lot. J's cousin found out they were actually having a boy a week before the delivery. Yikes! Is Mike sooooo excited? What a lucky little guy! And your new house is awesome!!!
OOOHHHH MMMAAANNN!!! I'm so excited for me, oh wait, for Max, oh no, I mean you!!! That's awesome (I'm giving fist pumps in the air). You are gonna love having a little man. It's true, mommas love their sons. And now poor little Max wont have to sit in the corner all by his lonesome at family functions. Now he's got a buddy. The two little amigos.
Love the table, by the way.
And we love you guys too. Congratulations!
YIPPEE a little boy, he will have lots of mommies to take care of him. We love our little men and so will you. He is a lucky little boy to be joining such a wonderful family....way to go....congratulations!
What??????!!!
How did I miss this post? I read about your shower for baby boy in your most recent post, and then I was all, "Wait, I thought it was a girl..." so then I had to backtrack and see if I had missed something. Holy cow that is so awesome! I'm glad you found out before he actually got here!
After spending such a ridiculous amount of money on baby girl's wardrobe (I can't help myself) I sometimes worry that the ultrasound tech was wrong and baby boy #3 will have to wear pink satin home from the hospital.
Post a Comment