Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Genetics


This is her trying to look over the balcony at her sisters playing down below.

If genetics have anything to do with it--she will be doing this most of her life.
I do it when putting dishes away, when cooking, when cleaning, and when kissing Mike.

Yesterday while at work one of my patients asked where I was from.
When I answered Mexico, she responded with surprise in her voice,
"Really? I would have guessed somewhere in Asia."

Asia?  I've been told I look Chilean, Argentine, Italian and Indian 
but Asian was a first.

However, looking at this picture of the baby,
if her looks are any indication of mine,
I can see how someone could make this assumption.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those pictures! Especially that first one.

Ellie said...

ASIA?!? Um...I don't think you look Asian at all. Interesting. And yeah...the tippy toe pic is adorable. :)

Rebeca said...

Love the photos! How funny, Asian. I'd think Mikes side are the Asian with the eyes ;) But your thick hair and now a modern cut could make you Asian too...

Lindsay Ruiz said...

Well if it has to do with genetics, and since you and Sophia share some of the same genes, I'm thinking your mom has been lying to you guys over the years. After looking at Sophia, someone once asked me if my husband was Korean. I don't know...I'm just saying!

Giulia said...

Lorena is SUPER COOL ...like you :)
..and the asian look comment is hilarious...you gotta know I have had pople asking me where i was from everywhere...I moslty get from IRAN! LOL I guess I could be just like you could be asian!

hugs from us!