Raquel had spring break this week. Which for a home-schooled kid, it wasn't much different from other weeks, other than we didn't have to do school work. But we still did; it lets us accrue days in the future for when we may decide to skip out on school altogether.
So in celebration of spring break, I'm posting pictures from Mike's spring break 2 weeks ago.
Instead of going "away" we opted for staying here and going to some of the places people come here for, the "tourist" destinations. We met up with the Guidos, good friends from when we lived in Oregon, who were kind enough to be our tour guides for the day. You can read all about them here.
They took us to Santa Monica, Hollywood, and Universal City Walk.
We ended the day with this awesome sunset. Days before Raquel had learned in art class about the horizon line. I told her it was where the sky touches the ground. She looked at me like I was crazy. "Sky touching the ground...rriiight." But all of a sudden, looking at the sunset, it clicked, "Look!! The Horizon! And the sky IS touching the ground."


1 comment:
Looks like you had fun. I love California!
Post a Comment